Hasmonean Multi-Academy Trust
3 days a week (flexible)
Required: September 2021
MPS/UPS (Outer London)
We are looking to appoint an excellent teacher of BTEC Vocational studies who would like to work with, contribute to the development of highly motivated students, and work with pupils who require SEND support. We are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching engaging lessons that help students understand the importance of learning and the positive impact it can have throughout their life. This is a role that requires integration with various faculties within the school and the ability to work with a varied team and staff that have a variety of backgrounds and teaching experience
The Successful Candidate will:
- Have the patience to work with students that may present with both educational and behavioural difficulties e.g. Dyslexia, Autism, and ADHD
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges/barriers faced by the above types of students
- Awareness of the educational-motivational barriers students face
- Have experience of working with older students, maybe in a further educational setting
- Experience or the ability to teach the Level 2 in Events Operation course (wjec.co.uk)
- Experience or the ability to teach the Level 2 award in Financial Education (libf.ac.uk).
Applicants must have excellent subject knowledge and will be expected to teach across the full age and ability range. This is a large team and staff have a variety of backgrounds and teaching experience
Hasmonean is a thriving community with a nursery on site for staff.
The staff at Hasmonean come from a variety of religious and ethnic backgrounds. Visit our website for an application form and for more information about the school.
Letters of application should be addressed to Mrs K. Brice c/o Ms J Grant
The letter should detail how your experience to date has prepared you for this post. Please refer to the job description and person specification herewith. The letter should be no longer than one side of A4 and written in Calibre Font 11
Please note that in line with our safer recruitment practices we can only consider fully completed application forms and not CVs.
Closing date for applications: Friday 21st May 2021
We reserve the right to close these vacancies early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application
The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people